Monday, October 4, 2010

Stuck In Neutral New Ending

                “Shawn,” my father says quietly “this is the best I can do to take away your pain.” We sit there in the silent night just staring at each other.  I wish I could tell him that the seizures were ok, I actually enjoyed them, that I could understand everything they told me, and I remembered everything since I was 5 years old.
                Being able to say none of this, my father slowly came closer with the pillow.  As the pillow touched, my face I very softly cried out, “please don’t do it dad, please.” The moment after I noticed that I had said something was when my father lifted the pillow with a face that could cheer up the saddest person it the world.
                “Lindy, Lindy get in here quickly this is important,” my father yelled throughout the house. My mom ran in thinking the worst had happened, but as my father told her what just happened she gave me the biggest hug I have ever had. This day changed my life, now I could speak to people and tell them what I was thinking about and nobody treated me like a baby anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment